One day when we get around to fencing in our property I hope to have a dog. We will adopt from a shelter, there are so many cats and dogs who need a loving family. Please help end puppy mills.
Here are some things you can do right now:
- If you are thinking of bringing a new dog into the family, or know someone who is, request a free copy of the Humane Societies' puppy buyer's guide for information on how to find reputable breeders, shelters, and rescue groups.
- Ask your federal legislators to crack down on puppy mills.
- Get the word out about puppy mills: write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Visit StopPuppyMills.org to educate yourself.
- Download one of the Humane Societies' Stop Puppy Mills campaign badges or banners to your own MySpace or Facebook page, blog, or website.
- Did you adopt your canine companion from a rescue group or shelter? Then order the Humane Societies' Proud to Adopt care package.
- Download Puppy Mill Cruelty flyer's and post them or give them out at your neighborhood dog park, to engage fellow dog owners and help spread the word.
- Help place advertisements and billboards to spread the word about puppy mill cruelty.